Monday, April 29, 2013

Blog Post #14

CourseSmart E- Teacher knows if you have done the E-Reading

CourseSmart is a new technology that allows educators to track their students' progress with digital textbooks. CourseSmart goes further by individually packaging for each professor, information on all the students in a class. More than 3.5 million students and educators are experimenting with CourseSmart text books. Among the Colleges that are experimenting are Clemson, Central Carolina Technical College, and Stony Brook University as well as Texas A&M- San Antonio.

As a teacher, this new technology is great! CourseSmart monitors students on a more efficient level. It allows me to be able to compare students who actually do the work and read the assignments differ from those who choose not to do the assignments. CourseSmart also helps with figuring out which students are struggling with the work, so that way I am able to work one on one with those particular students to help them establish effective ways to study and understand the material.

If SmartCourse applied to me as a student I wouldn't really like it. I wouldn't like the idea that teachers would be able to keep up with my every move with every assignment. Although, if my teacher had us use CourseSmart it wouldn't be too big of a deal because the way I do things now with how I prepare for class and assignments works for me and my grades reflect that.

If I were to talk to the teacher of the class that is described in this article, CourseSmart E I would ask him:

  • Why did you decide to use CourseSmart?
  • What do you like most about CourseSmart?
  • Has CourseSmart had a positive or negative impact on your teaching and how you present your material?
  • What impact has CouseSmart had on your students?
If I were to interview students in his class, I would ask them:

  • What do you think about CourseSmart?
  • Has CouseSmart changed the way they do homework and assignments? If so, how?
  • Do you think that this is something that should be used in everyday class? Why or why not?
  • What is one positive and one negative thing about CourseSmart?
CouseSmart sounds like a really amazing tool that teachers can use to collect data from their students. However, like I said before, as a college student CourseSmart will not change or have an affect on how I prepare for class. CourseSmart seems it would best benefit students that are struggling with the assignments and have poor study habits. The great thing about this is, teachers will be able to work with the student(s) on how to prepare for class and help them figure out the best study strategies!

No comments:

Post a Comment